24 January, 2023 seen 8,851Gudauri is a popular winter resort located in the Republic of Georgia, Caucasus some 120 km from Tbilisi. I first…
There is one thing that Georgia has taught me - everything is relative here.
So as a surprise come a news that today (March 3) is a public holiday in Georgia. Public holiday means that streets will be empty, many business won't work.
So did as a surprise for me come Day of Svetsikhoveli last year, when I was surprised that nobody in Georgia replied to my e-mails. Just at the end of working day I learned this day was official public holiday.
So to avoid such scenarios in future I'm adding a Public Holiday list in Georgia for 2015.
In total there are 15 official Public Holidays here in Georgia, 9 of them (including Orthodox Easter) are related to Georgian Church
- January 1 - New Years day
- January 7 - Orthodox Christmas
- January 19 - Baptism Day of our Lord Jesus Christ
- March 3 - Mother's Day
- March 8 - International Women's Day
- April 9 - Day of National Unity
- April 12 - Orthodox Easter Sunday
- April 13 - Orthodox Easter Monday
- May 9 - Victory Day
- May 12 - Saint Andrea the First Day
- May 26 - Independence Day
- August 28 - Saint Mary's Day
- October 14 - Day of Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- November 23 - Saint George's Day
You can learn more about each event on Wikipedia.