Change of Adsense ads for better layout - Experiment 1

Updated: 21 August, 2014 seen 1,296

I have been serving ads on my resources for a while. Today I was looking through my CTR measures, and discovered that ads on my blog performs very poorly. And I decided to change that.

For now I had CTR rate about 0.60% on my blog, by serving two ad units - one sidebar and one embed into text. 

Sidebars performs very poorly, and seem embedded ads into text doesn't performs as desired. So I decided to make few changes.

Here is what it was before:


I decided to change position for embed ads block from right to left, by now I have decided to leave intact left sidebar ad, and I have added one more ad unit, below article and above related posts.

If I will get my CTR% to or above 1% I'll be happy. To measure results, I will let the ads be served for one week. Of course I will inform about success or failures on my blog.


Hi! My name is Reinis Fischer (38), a proud dad and devoted husband. CEO and Founder of Terramatris crypto hedge fund, drone enthusiast, world traveler, photographer, and passionate lover of Georgian cuisine (vegetarian).

An ex-pat living in Georgia since 2011, I trade stocks, take photographs, work out at the gym, and many more. Here I write about travel, finance, and other things that might interest me.