The other day I was contacted by Stas from CodeLobster.com, Stas wanted to learn is it possible to add a featured post on my blog regarding - free PHP IDE - Codelobster PHP Edition which has some plugins for Drupal and other CMS (WordPress, Joomla e.t.c). Usually I'm not into 'guest posting' on my blog, but I decided to make an exception.
After taking a quick look what CodeLobster offers for Drupal - Frankly speaking, I didn't get a catch, why a Drupal developer would need some third party editor to launch his/her site or write a Drupal modules (hooks, forms).
I'm the person sticking just with Notepad++, SSH terminal and maybe some photo editing software for creating a Drupal sites, but I also believe there are other developers who would find such editor attractive and probably I have been wrong for a last decade sticking just with Notepad++.
I'm even not using a Drush... (though, probably it's the time t start using it)
Anyway, here are the feature overview of this editor:
CodeLobster PHP Edition
For valuable work on creation of sites you need a good comfortable editor necessarily. There are many requiring paid products for this purpose, but we would like to select free of charge very functional and at the same time of simple in the use editor - Codelobster PHP Edition .
Let us consider some important possibilities and advantages of this program:
- HTML/CSS inspector on the type of Firebug, which allows easily to correlate the selected elements of page with a code and proper style.
- Context help on all supported languages. By pressing F1 key the page with detailed description for current tag, attribute or function will be opened.
- PHP debugger. PHP debugger allows to execute PHP scripts incrementally, watching the values of all variables in every line.
- SQL manager allows to produce all necessary actions with a database - to add, delete, edit a structure and records in tables, to export data, execute SQL queries. Highlighting and autocompletion works for SQL files also.
- Support of FTP allows to work straight with a remote server and to do all necessary changes with files;
- Support for Version Control Systems: SVN, Git etc.
- The portable option allows to use editor without the preliminary installation. Other useful utilities: collapsing, tooltips, pair highlighting, possibility of blocks selection, navigation on descriptions of functions and included files at withholding of the key of CTRL, viewing of structure of files and project, preview in a browser, book-marks, and all other standard possibilities for work with a code.
For working with Drupal CMS Codelobster PHP Edition now has the following abilities:
- Ability to create project automatically installing CMS Drupal
- Autocomplete, help and tooltips for module's hooks
- Autocomplete and tooltips for Drupal's function theme
- Autocomplete for Drupal's forms
- Drupal search - for menu path and menu function
- Wizard for creating new modules
- Help on Drupal API
Also Codelobster PHP Edition has special plug-ins for working with: Drupal CMS, Joomla CMS, Smarty engine, JQuery library, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Facebook and WordPress.