ASUS is introducing the ROG Zephyrus M GM501, an ultra-slim gaming laptop without compromise
ROG Zephyrus M is built for gamers seeking the ultimate experience on a laptop in an ultraslim 0.78" thin form factor. It plows through AAA titles thanks to its 8th-Generation Intel Core i7 processor (up to 3.9GHz) and full-powered NVIDIA GeForce graphics (up to GTX 1070 8GB) and DDR4 2666MHz RAM.
A master of multiple disciplines, the GM501 brings a new level of versatility to ultra-slim gaming laptops. It’s flexible enough to serve as your main machine for both work and play, and despite echoing the premium experience offered by its Zephyrus sibling, it’s available in more affordable configurations
Cooling is the biggest challenge. High-end chips generate lots of heat, but there's hardly any room to dissipate it, which can lead to clock throttling that robs you of precious horsepower. Gaming notebooks also have to choose between longer battery life and smoother gameplay. The NVIDIA Optimus technology that intelligently disables discrete graphics to save power doesn't work with the G-Sync mechanism that synchronizes frame delivery with the display.
- Ultra Slim 0.78" gaming laptop with a full-powered NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB. 8th-Generation 6-Core Intel Core i7-8750H (up to 3.9GHz)
- 144Hz refresh rate 15.6" Full-HD IPS-Type AHVA gaming panel with NVIDIA G-SYNC and 3ms response time
- 20% reduced temperature compared to conventional cooling design due to ROG-exclusive Active Aerodynamic System and 12V fans. Increased longevity with anti-dust technology. *Cooling performance varies depending on system and environmental conditions
- GPU Switch Mode: switch between integrated and discrete graphics for increased battery life or powerful gaming performance
- RGB Gaming Keyboard with AURA SYNC: 20-million keypress durability, 1.7mm key travel distance, 4-zone RGB lighting control, N-Key rollover
- Gigabit Wave 2 WiFi. Up to 1.73Gbps with 2X2 802.11ac. USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Thunderbolt port. 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda Hybrid Drive.
The Zephyrus M debuts alongside a complete family of ROG gaming laptops based on Intel’s latest 8th Generation Core processors, otherwise known as Coffee Lake-H. The lineup has options in all sizes, from the overclockable G703 desktop replacement to portable esports laptops like the Strix Scar and Hero. At 19.9 mm and 5.5 lbs, the Zephyrus M sits just below the flagship Zephyrus. It’s slightly thicker and heavier but still slides easily into a sleeve or bag to take around town or across the world.
Despite its minimalist profile, the chassis houses a desktop-class Intel Core i7-8750H processor that pushes speeds up to 3.9GHz across all six cores and 12 threads. Coffee Lake’s additional cores accelerate multithreaded tasks like content creation, media encoding, and compiling, especially when you’re multitasking with a handful of productivity apps and a stack of browser tabs. The extra horsepower also provides enough headroom to multitask while gaming, like broadcasting a high-quality OBS stream. Gaming performance is largely dictated by the discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 and its dedicated 8GB of GDDR5 memory. Unlike slim gaming notebooks that limit performance with Max-Q designs, the Zephyrus M runs the GPU at full speed to maximize frame rates for the high-refresh display.