29 July, 2022 seen 33Welcome to the new renewed monthly stock options income reports. I stopped publishing monthly reports more than two…
Welcome to the fourth (#4) options income report - covering earnings I've made from options trading (naked puts and covered calls) in the month of June 2019
Options are the latest investment strategy in my portfolio - in short, I'm looking to use option trading to generate additional income from stocks I already have (covered calls) or would love to have (naked puts) in my portfolio. I trade against dividend stocks only (at least now).
I learn as I go, anything written here should be taken with a grain of salt, I'm no expert or certified financial advisor. Investments in stocks, options, funds, bonds or crypto are risk investments and you could lose some or all of your money. Do your due diligence before investing in any kind of asset.
In June 2019 I made 9 naked puts and 4 covered calls
- #21 Put Sell: PEI Oct 18'19 5 Put @0.25
- #22 Roll Forward Put Sell: PEI JAN 17'20 7 @1.32
- #23 Roll Forward Put Sell: PEI JAN 17'20 6 @0.75
- #24 Put Sell: NRZ JUN 21'19 16 Put @0.32 (assigned)
- #25 Roll Forward Put Sell: BKS JUL 19'19 5 @0.9
- #26 Roll Forward Put Sell: WPG JAN 17'20 5 @1.45
- #27 Options trade: PEI OCT 18'19 6 Put @0.5
- #28 Put Sell: XIN OCT 18'19 5 Put @0.75
- #31 Put Sell: XIN JAN 17'20 5 Put @1.1
- #19 Covered Call Sell: ET JAN 17'20 15 @0.71
- #20 Covered Call Sell: WPG OCT 18'19 5 @0.1
- #29 Call Selling: XIN OCT 18'19 5 Put @0.2
- #30 Call Selling: NRZ AUG 24 '19 16 Call @0.21
Last June I was trading with PEI, NRZ, BKS, WPG, XIN and ET stocks. I roll forward 4 previous trades (were troubled with PEI and WPG)
I enjoy selling covered calls more than naked puts. $296.4 were made from naked puts and $112.4 from covered calls. Statistically speaking these numbers equals to:
- 72.5% from naked puts
- 27.4% from covered calls
Hope I will be able to reach 50/50 level soon enough
Options income table
In last June, in premiums, I've collected $408.80 (after commissions), which gives a nice 1.34% monthly boost to the portfolio. Also, so far in 2019, I have collected in a total $1,071.80 which translates already as 3.51% income from options this year. Looks great.
Goals for June 2020 Options Income
When trying to set goals for options income it's much harder and unpredictable than trying to forecast dividend income.
Anyhow I will try - my goal for June 2020 options income is to increase it by 50% what I made this year - $613.20 or more I'm looking now.