Citizens or nationals of select 38 countries and territories (see list bellow) are eligible to travel visa free to the United States of America under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
In total I have traveled three times to the United States and all three times I have entered the US using VWP. Just recently I traveled for the third time to the US and I had to renew (apply for new) ESTA
In this article I will list information on how to obtain ESTA online and how much it actually costs.
If you are citizen or national from one the select 38 countries apply here online for ESTA.
Who can apply for ESTA
- You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country.
- You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa.
- Your travel is for 90 days or less.
- You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
- You want to apply for a new authorization for one person or a group of applications for two or more persons.
What you will need:
- Valid passport from a Visa Waiver Program country.
- Valid credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover (JCB, Diners Club)) or PayPal to pay the US $14 per application.
- Your contact information.
- Your most recent employment information, if applicable.
After you will fill online form, it might take up to 48 hours before getting final approval / denial.
Visa Waiver Program countries
You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you are a citizen or national of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries listed below.
|Denmark||Japan||Republic of Malta||United Kingdom|
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization performs checks against law enforcement databases. All travelers seeking admission to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program are required to obtain an electronic travel authorization using this system prior to being granted boarding.
If your electronic travel authorization application is approved, it establishes that you are eligible to travel, but does not establish that you are admissible to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Upon arrival to the United States, you will be inspected by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer at a port of entry who may determine that you are inadmissible under the Visa Waiver Program or for any reason under United States law.
A determination that you are not eligible for electronic travel authorization does not preclude you from applying for a visa to travel to the United States.
ESTA is valid for two years or until expiry of your passport.
Apply for a new ESTA and have a safe travels in the United States.