Alexander Nevsky Russian Orthodox Church is located in the neighborhood of Marjanishivli in Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia. Commonly referred to just as "Russian Church".

Along with the church of St. Vladimir in the neighborhood of Vera it is one of two churches in Tbilisi, where the service is performed entirely in Church Slavonic language.
Alexander Nevsky Russian Orthodox Church in Tbilisi

Alexander Nevsky Russian Orthodox Church in Tbilisi

Originally built in 1864 by the donations of the faithful, additional the Holy Synod has allocated 5000 rubles. In 1886, the church bell tower was added. There are two refectory: Alexander Nevsky and St. Nicholas, which was built in 1900 in honor of the Emperor Nicholas II. In 1913, next to the church was built a chapel in honor to the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty.

Alexander Nevsky Russian Orthodox Church in Tbilisi

Alexander Nevsky Russian Orthodox Church in Tbilisi

There are several shrines in the church: the relics of Mary Magdalene, St. Nina, St. Nicholas, St. Shio Mgvime and others.