If you want to add the Facebook like button to your Drupal 7 site, the process is relatively straightforward. To get started, you will need to download the Facebook Like Button module from the modules section of your Drupal site. Once you have downloaded the module, extract it to the sites/modules folder.
Next, you will need to enable the Facebook Like Button module from the Modules page.
Once you have enabled the module, go to the admin/config/fblikebutton page to configure the module. You will be presented with two options for the Facebook like button: Dynamic and Static. Depending on your desired behavior for the like button, you will need to choose one of these options.
If you want the like button to dynamically like the page you are visiting, choose the Dynamic option.
To set up the like button for Drupal posts (nodes), you will need to go to the admin/config/fblikebutton/dynamic page. Here, you will be able to configure the appearance and behavior of the like button, including the layout, show faces, font, and color scheme.
By using the Facebook Like Button module, you can easily add a powerful social sharing tool to your Drupal 7 site. This module eliminates the need to manually copy and paste the Facebook like code for each piece of content you create. Instead, the code will automatically be added to the end of each chosen node type, making it quick and easy to get started with social sharing on your site.
The steps to enable a Facebook Like box as a separate block are as follows:
- Go to the Facebook Like button configuration page at admin/config/fblikebutton
- Under the "Where do you want to show the Like button (full node view)?" section, select the option "Own block".
- Go to the Blocks administration page and enable the newly created block. It is recommended to place the block under the main page content for optimal performance.
- To make the Like box available for anonymous users, go to the People & Permissions page at admin/people/permissions.
- Ensure that the "Access FB Like button" permission is checked for anonymous users.
By following these steps, you will be able to add a Facebook Like box to your Drupal 7 site as a separate block, accessible to both authenticated and anonymous users.