Let's move on with our tourism companies website tutorial.
In part 1 we created a custom content type - Tours, now it's time to make a few views which will contain data from node related to content type - tours.
Before creating views - we must download a few modules, to get them work:
- You like the default front page view, but you find you want to sort it differently.
- You like the default taxonomy/term view, but you find you want to sort it differently; for example, alphabetically.
- You use /tracker, but you want to restrict it to posts of a certain type.
- You like the idea of the 'article' module, but it doesn't display articles the way you like.
- You want a way to display a block with the 5 most recent posts of some particular type.
- You want to provide 'unread forum posts'.
- You want a monthly archive similar to the typical Movable Type/Wordpress archives that displays a link to the in the form of "Month, YYYY (X)" where X is the number of posts that month, and displays them in a block. The links lead to a simple list of posts for that month.
- Views can do a lot more than that, but those are some of the obvious uses of Views.