5 January, 2022 seen 492Those of you following my blog have noticed I'm featuring home remodeling series here, it all started back in the…
A few weeks ago I did the tile job in the kitchen and hallway for our Vilgāle apartment. In the end, I was not happy with the result, not happy with the tile job (which could be done better), and not satisfied with the visual looks.
At one point I decided to list this apartment for sale as it is, with asking price EUR 25,000. As I didn't get any request during more than 7 days, I decided I still want to sell this flat but I will make it look better, will finish bathroom.
One of the first things I decided to remove tiles in the hallway and install laminate flooring. I will leave tiles just in the kitchen.
I was not happy how tiles looked together with laminate flooring and decided to decrease the overall surface with tiles and leave them just in the kitchen area. the actually tile removal was not hard, but bit complicated, and required some arm strength.
In parallel I started hydroisolation in bathroom. once done I'm looking to tile here too.
I was actually looking for some epoxy flooring, but was not able to find what I need and decided to continue with tiling bathroom floor.
Cost so far:
- Water plumbing: EUR 60
- Sadales Tīkls: EUR 60
- Electrician: EUR 155
- Architect: EUR 800
- Removing walls and floor: EUR 775
- Chalk removing, / wiring: EUR 500
- Wall plastering/frame for drywall ceiling (bedroom): EUR 875
- New windows: EUR 1,252
- Window replacement: EUR 200
- Estrich floor with an underfloor heating system and all plumbing: EUR 1,916
- Rock wool for the ceiling, drywall constructions, drywall, and some wiring: EUR 866
- Plastering bedroom and living room: EUR 1,200
- Chimneysweep: EUR 30
- More drywall, rock wool, electric cables, plumbing, and others: EUR 1094
- Doors for bedroom and bathroom: EUR 291.58
- More sauna, more drywall, more plumbing, more wiring EUR 1,992.56
- More sauna, more drywall, more electricity: EUR 370
- more plastering: EUR 340
- Paint and tools (paintbrush, rolls, gloves, scotch): EUR 74.86
- 27 Liter of ready-made plaster, dozen of electricity plugs, rolls, screwdrivers: EUR 45
- Paint for walls, additional electricity plugs and switches: EUR 50
- Laminate flooring and tools: EUR 378
- Tiles and tools for kithcen and hallway: EUR 400
- More tiles, laminate and tools: EUR 300
TOTAL: EUR 14,025