DJI Mini Mavic drone has been around for a while already (since the end of 2019). It was at the start of July 2020, when I decided to order a drone for me.
As I didn't have any idea what's good and what's not, I just headed to Amazon and looked for best-selling drones/ quadcopters. I did order under $100 SnapTain 650 D, but once it was out for shipping and I started to familiarize better with the product from the description, I understood that this drone most probably is not for me - I was looking for something smarter, something with larger flight radius and something not working from my phones WI-FI.
Huge was my surprise when I discovered DJI MINI MAVIC drone for just $399. I actually order a combo box set for $499.
A quick note: This article contains affiliate links to Amazon.com, by clicking on links on this page, and by making a purchase on Amazon site, I might earn an affiliate income at no cost to you. Prices for laptops listed on this page are retrieved using Amazon Product Advertising API and is updated daily. For actual prices please refer to the product page on Amazon.
DJI MAVIC MINI combo set
The combo includes 3 spare batteries, power bank, propeller protectors, and a nice suite case for carrying around the drone. Now after I have done a few test flights I feel very happy I did order combo set, as on a good day I can fly these 3 batteries not even noticing that. The lifetime for each battery is about 25-30 minutes (depends on weather conditions)
DJI Mavic MINI
With a weight of just 249 grams this drone perfectly fits in a palm
Weighing under 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. This makes it exceptionally portable and places it in the lowest and safest weight class of drones, which in many countries may exempt it from certain regulations.
DJI mavic mini combo set
The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary. Together with the easy-to-use DJI Fly app, you’ll enjoy a simplified flying experience and a perspective unlike any other.
DJI Mavic Mini drone
Now, despite the drone is marketed for novice drone enthusiasts, it took me a couple of flight training and many hours YouTube video watching to start understand how to operate and make beautiful videos and photos this little beast.
Speaking of videos, there are several Quickshots enabled, allowing us to take amazing videography on autopilot.
As a photographer, I was more interested in features like aperture, shutter speed. now there is no chance to control aperture, but you can control shutter speed and ISO, combining them you could even make some nice HDR drone photography,
I'm not very used to use my phone to capture photography, so I still I'm learning to shoot in a manual mode with this drone. But there is enabled auto mode, which will work in 90% cases. The rest 10% cases will ask shooting in a manual mode - like HDR or panoramic photos, changing settings for ISO (night photography), shutter speed, and so on. Also, this drone is not shooting in RAW mode, just jpeg.
Take into consideration the price and capabilities of this drone - this is an excellent entry-level drone, capable shooting 2.7K videos and with little practice, you could make awesome HDR's, panoramic photography, and more.
Here are some of the examples
- First DJI Mavic Mini Aerial photography (Lisi Lake / Tbilisi)
- HDR Mziuri Park in Tbilisi
- Rike Park from a DJI Mavic Mini Drone Flight
- Saint George Church in Dashbashi
DJI is the global leader in civilian drones, aerial imaging technology, and creative camera technology. Find out more here in our DJI Brand Store on Amazon. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more accessible and easier to use for creators around the world. Its products are used every day by customers in over 100 countries for filmmaking, construction, inspection, emergency response, agriculture, conservation, and beyond.
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Weighing less than 0.55lbs / 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, Ultra-smooth footage
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- DJI Fly App requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9 , S8+, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note9, Note8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6
List price: $389.00 Buy DJI MAVIC Mini on Amazon (Paid link)