As Summer of 2017 is approaching really fast, and I still have so many not post processed images from home remodeling works performed during Summer 206 in Adobe Lightroom library, I decide to extend articles and feature more info in fewer articles.
In today's article I'm sharing a two day construction works performed at the start of September 2016. In day one I continued to construct walls from aerated concrete blocks, and in fact continued to install new rows in the day two + we finally installed two bearing beams, and it's just a matter of time and glue hardening to finish construction works for the so called "pump room" and start thinking of how to get water supply inside the house from the bore hole we made at the start of Summer (June 2016).
As Summer is approaching to the end, we have already bought our return tickets back to the Tbilisi - we should keep moving really fast. Unfortunately for the most of the leftover works I was left completely alone. It was stressful, but it was worth of it.
Installing aac blocks
It took me about two weeks to prepare this part of the house, we had to pour in foundation (as there were no foundation at all). The bad thing about foundation it looks there are no foundation for the rest of the house, and it should be noted for next year's construction works.
See how did it started to make things happen at this part of the house:
- Fall Through The Ceiling, Dig a Trench Around Foundations, Stone Wall Concreting
- Let's Keep Demolishing Walls, Construct Foundation From Ceramsite Blocks And Pour In Some Concrete
- When Foundations Crumble - Home Remodeling
- Constructing Foundation From Fibo Ceramsite Blocks For Pump Room
- First Rows of Aerated Concrete Block For Pump Room
Row after row
It's not recommended to build more than four rows of aerated concrete blocks per day
View from the left
I left here after day one.
Installing bearing beams
On the second day with help of a worker we installed bearing beams, yet not supported them permanently, as we will need to align them to make in level. But for now it was a matter to keep roof on place.
A while ago we installed supporting beams for the upcoming bathroom, see:
- Beam Replacement for Old house - Building Bathroom from Scratch
- Beam Strengthening on Stone Wall - Building Bathroom from Scratch
- The Last Row of Aerated Concrete Blocks Masonry
It's planned to install a nice wood board floor here next year and speaking of the back wall to construct a large window in the middle, of course that it will involve to remove old boards and built all construction from the scratch. But that's already another story, hopefully for the next Summer, meanwhile take a look how we took a massive chimney down here at the start of Summer (May 2016)